Suburban Girl Eats: From Big City Eats to Hometown Favourites

September 12, 2012

Suburban: Costco's Edamame Hummus

There are few things more suburban than Costco.

Going to the mecca of mass-produced and packaged goods is quite literally a pilgrimage for many suburbanites, myself included, usually capped off with a lunch of free samples. Sure, four bitty chocolate-covered acai berries doesn't exactly count as a meal so you may have to splurge for the $1.50 hot dog and pop.


On a recent back-to-school shopping stint, I sampled my way through Costco, stumbling upon one of my new favourite products: edamame hummus. 


Yes, I am cheating on chickpeas. 

Eat Well Enjoy Life's hummus makes it so easy, not too mention delicious. For under $8, I purchased two tubs and I am already scraping the sides of the container to stretch it until my next Costco journey. 

My favourite accompaniment for edamame hummus is store-bought naan bread. I favour naan over pita, as it tends to be lighter and fluffier. Give it some love in a frying pan on high, flipping after a few minutes, and you'll have a toasty number to pair with your dip. 

Some like it hot and if that's you make sure to try the wasabi version, topped with pickled ginger and horseradish. Looking for some more innovative hummus creations? They also have spicy yellow or red lentil versions, and a white bean hummus topped with pine nuts. 


Not near a Costco? Resist the urge to sob first. Then head to Sobeys, Loblaw's and Metro- all who carry the Eat Well Enjoy Life brand- to get your hummus fix.  
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment